What is the FOPA?
The Auxiliary is made up of family members of the active members of the FOP Lodge. They share the common goal of supporting the officers and their families, and the community.
Who can be a member?
- Any family member of an FOP Member in good standing over the age of 18.
- Widow/Widower of an FOP Member
- Honorary Membership to the spouse of a Fallen Hero who gave their life protecting their community.
What’s in it for me?
- This is a family organization dealing with family issues of Law Enforcement Officers.
- Education opportunities and online college courses which can be free of charge.
- Education scholarships for family members.
- Accidental Insurance Coverage for each member.
- Education on legislative issues important to Law Enforcement families.
- Training in Critical Incident procedures.
- Community Events: Cop & Kids Christmas Shopping, Thanksgiving Food Baskets for local school children, Backpack program to help children in the community prepare for school, Social Events for families, Christmas parties with Santa, Easter Egg Hunts, Cook Outs and many other events.
- We support Special Olympics and Easter Seals.
How do I start and Auxiliary?
- 10 interested family members and the approval of your FOP Lodge. The lodge will submit a letter to the Grand Lodge (National) FOPA stating they want an Auxiliary. When approved an Auxiliary Charter Kit will be mailed to you.
- The State Auxiliary will assist you in starting your local Auxiliary. Our motto is “We Will Never Let You Walk Alone!”
- For additional information: FOP Auxiliary
- Any questions please contact Georgia State Lodge FOPA President Ramona Stone, 770-527-4291 or E-Mail